No announcement yet.

WiseGuy's 97" Shovel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy, with that piston looking like it did I was expecting a little more umph in the damage department. But of course I'm glad that's all there was...
    Biscuits and gravy.

Comment

• I'm not sure if it went through, but I sent you a pm. If you'll do the same, the springs can take a trip to your door.

Bill

Comment

• I had to get the valves and seats touched up because little pieces of piston got hammered between them. Got them back today. I was cleaning base nuts and head bolt threads tonight. I notched the bottom of the rear piston so it would clear the front one. When I get my Kibblewhite springs from ebay I'll be able to start the rest of the work. Guide seals, shimming the springs, rocker boxes, oil lines, etc., etc.

Bill

Comment

• Here's my progress so far. Doing it in stages to make it easy on my back.

Bill

lots of little stuff to go, oil lines to make, time it, etc. Hearing it run on the first heat cycle will get me anxious to get it on the road.

Comment

• All the bits and pieces are done. I primed the oil pump, wiped off the pipes and rolled it out of the garage. When it lit, it sounded strong right away. First heat cycle is done, a few more to go. Can't hardly wait to ride.

Bill

Comment

• PIG
              PIG commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome, not down for too long.

• Once I get the necessary parts to get it together, I don't like to let it drag out. As of midday today, I've done the third heat cycle. Two minutes for this one. One more should be enough. I'll take it down the streets for a few blocks and back after that. It's sounding nice and snappy with the lightened flywheels. Her's a pic with everything bolted together.

Bill

Comment

• Fourth heat cycle after work today. Sounds so nice after not hearing it for a little while. Saturday will be a nice day for a ride. It's really hot down here this last couple weeks. Some guys up north are already talking spotty snow. I was raised in Ohio, but have been down in the Florida cooker since 1964. Might as well bake a few more years or so.😎

Bill

Comment

• I'm trying to upload a short video of a heat cycle through photobucket, and it just keeps stalling out. Not many options with this stupid Iphone. Maybe it'll go through eventually...

Bill

Comment

• It's actually easier to do a Youtube video than the photobucks crap. I don't know how to load it here, but you can see it under Wiseguy's fifth heat cycle.

Bill
                  Last edited by Wiseguy; 09-28-2018, 02:23 AM. Reason: Fat finger spelling again

Comment

• I took the bike out today and put about 100 miles on it. Started quickly, ran great. After stopping at one of my haunts, the ride back felt like the engine was loosening up a touch. No excess heat, just good running. The idle at lights is a little stronger sounding with the Mackie 580 cam. Its earlier intake closing gives better performance at lower rpms, but I'm not testing any of that yet. There's only about 150 miles on it, so I'm taking it easy for a while. So far, though, I like how it responds to throttle inputs.

Bill

Comment

• On a different note, I'm selling these calipers and hangers that bolt onto 1984-1999 Softail/Dyna Wide Glide forks. Dual setups that work with 11 1/2" rotors (not included) go for $225 shipped, and single caliper and hanger setups will be $150 shipped. Fork and bar lengths dictate that user buys his own lines. Polished rotors will need organic pads. Satin stainless can use ceramic pads, and steel rotors use sintered pads.

the rotor in the pic is a 13.5" Buell rotor on my bike. You'd probably not want to have that much braking, but I'm known to use too much of most everything on my bike.😎

Bill

Comment

• Here's a pic of these Hayabusa six piston calipers on 11 1/2" rotors. The hangers in this pic have the same bolt hole orientation, just a different shape.

Bill

Last edited by Wiseguy; 10-04-2018, 07:30 PM. Reason: Pic

Comment

• Better pic....

Comment

• Friggin' Photobucks is messin' with the pics AGAIN!! Where the hell did they go THIS time? I paid for a year, and they lifted them from my posts somehow! Damn!!

Bill

Comment

• I got a reply from their "support" sector. The reply said something about connectivity issues ( sounds like a fabricated term to excuse shoddy management exercises), and they expect things to work in an hour. What about all the fucking pics that they yanked in the meantime? Are they gonna go over all my threads and posts in the three forums I go to and replace ALL the pic work I did?

Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X