big pimp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big pimp

This is big pimp. Its my big dick, my penis pump. It gives me boners, and women really like this bike.
    i bought this guy in july, with a little under 18,000 miles on it, now it has a little over 28,000 miles on it.
    im running lucas 20-50 synthetic oil. I would like to take a look at the cam chain tensioners. I have no lititure. My questionis, is it as simple as pulling the cover, or is there more to it, like losening the push rods and other things? Would it help if i lay it on its side. Some what. Id appreciate the advice.

Opated There isn’t much to just check em. The inside one is harder to see though. Might take a mirror or some creativity. The only real problem with that is if they are bad then that is going to take some added work. If you wanted to actually pull the cam plate off and change them you would need pushrods or to pull the rocker boxes among other things. What year is it? If it’s 07 or newer there is no worry about that.

I went down down a rabbit hole of mods on my 04 but the fucking thing flies and they are not hard to work on. I should mention these also have the shitty INA inner cam bearing which is a weak spot as well.

nice bike. 🍻
    Last edited by motorhead_smf; 11-08-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Opated
      Opated commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks motorhead. Its a 2005. I should have mentioned it before. I was told about the plastic parts issue, that they can fail around thirty thousand miles, but i was not aware of the inner bearing issue. Can you recomened an upgrade? Im not aposed to hiring professionals. I dont have a garage, or all the tools. For now, this bike is strong, and the engine is quiet.

You can replace them with different cam followers of the same style there is one company that makes decent ones. (Can’t remember name). A few different companies also make hydraulic tensioner kits as well as gear drive kits. To run gears you need to check your run out on the shaft. Mine was in spec so I went gear among other things. Lots of ways you can go it all depends on how much money you want to throw at it. Other than a couple specialized tools all of this is actually really simple.

Comment

Originally posted by motorhead_smf View Post
      Opated There isn’t much to just check em. The inside one is harder to see though. Might take a mirror or some creativity. The only real problem with that is if they are bad then that is going to take some added work. If you wanted to actually pull the cam plate off and change them you would need pushrods or to pull the rocker boxes among other things. What year is it? If it’s 07 or newer there is no worry about that.

I went down down a rabbit hole of mods on my 04 but the fucking thing flies and they are not hard to work on. I should mention these also have the shitty INA inner cam bearing which is a weak spot as well.

nice bike. 🍻
      I agree with all this except I have seen hydraulic tensioners seize in the bores of the factory cast bodies. That's not common but bypass valve failure in the stock cast plates is. Go in, go billet, don't worry about it again.

I always opt to cut the fixed length pushrods out and install Feuling tappets and adjustable pushrods because it only costs a little more once and saves an ass load of time not having to monkeyfuck around with the top end. I've had some issues with those components from S&S but everything else S&S does in the camchest is rock solid.

But to answer the original question, checking is as simple as pulling the outer cover.
      Last edited by TheBCB; 11-09-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBCB View Post

I agree with all this except I have seen hydraulic tensioners seize in the bores of the factory cast bodies. That's not common but bypass valve failure in the stock cast plates is. Go in, go billet, don't worry about it again.

I always opt to cut the fixed length pushrods out and install Feuling tappets and adjustable pushrods because it only costs a little more once and saves an ass load of time not having to monkeyfuck around with the top end. I've had some issues with those components from S&S but everything else S&S does in the camchest is rock solid.

But to answer the original question, checking is as simple as pulling the outer cover.
        Completely agree. I did my camplate and pump also when I did mine. Also top end and the rest didn’t want to start racking his bill up into multiple thousands but I did and the fucking thing shits and gets and has been rock solid. All fueling with s&s gear drive.

Comment

Here ya go man it might be a bit lengthy but this is thread I had going on the Shovelhead forum when I did mine a few years back. Would probably answer questions and give you a plan of attack.
          https://f88773fdccdd-004278.vbulleti...ear-cams/page7

Comment

Thanks for all the info. First ill start by getting a new gasket, then having a look. Im thinking coast to coast in 2019. I want it to be solid.

Comment

• motorhead_smf
              motorhead_smf commented
              Editing a comment
              Good plan. Most of those tensioners are good to go. But sometimes not so much. Mine freaked me out with the big chunks missing. The oil passages are not that big, disaster could strike. I didn’t want to roll the dice. I’m hard on shit.
          Working...
          X